Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hunt For A Christmas Tree 2008

The day after Thanksgiving we went up with all of the Wheelers to do some tree huntin'. Armed with Ty's chainsaw, an empty trailer, and a bunch of anxious children we headed North.

It was a blast! Although we made the sad discovery that no matter how many layers the kids had on, nothing we had was very waterproof. Which means that they got cold very quickly. (note the tear on the left cheek--we had been out of the car for 5 minutes--no joke)
Nothing some goldfish can't cure.
They hurriedly picked this tree and demanded we go back to the car.
Anyhow, after the qualified hunters did their job, we all ended up going home with some great trees. Although they didn't all live up to expectations when they got home (ahem--the Teeles), we did our part to thin the forest and prevent forest fires.

A fantastic tradition.

PS-Evidence that bigfoot is alive and well.
The next few photos were all taken on the way home and are a few of the reasons I love Arizona!
More chainsaw massacre. . .Beautiful.

4 comments:

Grandmommy Crum said...

I found you!!! I am so excited to see how big your kids are! Wish they didn't grow up!! Those sure are some dreamy pictures! Looks like all is well! Maybe we can keep in touch now!

Lindsay Jones said...

oops I didn't realize I wasn't signed in as myself that last comment was from me!

nikkii said...

Kris, be honest! You didn't mention the fact that you were stuck with all the kids for hours. Poopy diapers and vomiting kids, I still owe you. The trees did turn out pretty nice, huh? Next year, I'll sit in the car. Nice to see you blogging again. I have to get caught up myself! Love ya!!!!!!!!! THE BEST DAY EEEVVVVEEERRRR!!!

Aubree said...

YEA!!! Ok that picture of Cash's bumski is hilarious. Too bad Ty's wasn't sticking out to match it. And I love Ty's "I'm working hard" face on the quads. Classic!