Wednesday, September 24, 2008

DRUMROLL PLEASE. . .

Alright! Alright! I know I have a lot of explaining, apologizing and recognizing to do. So here goes--

(Here is the explaining)

Yes I have had this lovely blog set up for a couple of months now, with no posts. I know! Although I have the best of intentions, at the end of the day (and the beginning . . . and during most of it) I seem to run short on time. This has been on my list of things to do and I just seem to keep procrastinating it. Well procrastination no more! What could be more important than to chronicle the daily happenings of "da wheelas"??? This is something that has to become a priority. There is just too much fun stuff happening to not record it. I admit that I feel completely overwhelmed with how to begin and backtrack and introduce you to each of our offspring and --whew-- (run-on sentences wear me out), but ya gotta start somewhere and that somewhere is right here. I will warn you that the main purpose of this blog is to be our family journal. Some of what we post may not be interesting to some of our readers, but we'll do the best we can. I will probably do a lot of "flashbacks" too include special moments and pictures from the past as well.

(Now for the apologizing)

Confession: I have been looking at (and enjoying) all of your blogs regularly, but have never commented for fear of retribution due to my past lack of blog. So from here on out, I will look AND comment. Thanks for letting me lurk :) .

(Last but certainly not least. . .the recognition)

First, I've got to thank mi amiga fabulosa Amanda. She is one of the, no she is THE most creative, beautiful, unselfish, and just generally lovely gals I have ever known. And I am lucky enough to be one of her close friends. She not only created the header for my blog (as well as two others so that I had a choice!), but she is responsible for most of the amazing photos of my sweet children (including the three that you see on the header). Thanks for the push to get started. Thanks to all of you who have given me grief over the past year. Every time that any one asked me "When are you gonna start a blog?!?!?!" (with a somewhat angry and accusing tone most of the time) it pushed me one step closer to this day!! And last but not least, my Grandma Ellsworth. I could quite possibly be the worst granddaughter in the world. In every loving and thoughtful birthday and Christmas card, my Grandma has mentioned that this would be a great thing for me to do, and now I am finally doing it. So here's to you grandma! We do love you!

Happy reading!

and coming tomorrow . . ."Ode to Keane"


10 comments:

Karen Ellsworth said...

Welcome to the blog masses! It took me awhile too Kristin so don't be to hard on yourself. It takes a little time to put together and its not like you have nothing else to do! We all know that you are sitting home watching soaps eating bon bons! lol Its great to now have a connection to your cute family. I love you all....you are my favorite Wheelers!

luv ya!

linda said...

Way to go Kristin...You did it!!!love Mom

Amanda C said...

Way to go Kris!! Thanks for the props. I don't know if the little blog header deserves that much recoginition. Looks like I am going to really enjoy the Wheeler readings.... but it will never replace to real deal.

Aubree said...

Wow...this is truly a miracle and will do us much good while we are away.

Byron and Jana said...

If doing this blog thing is keeping you up til 3 am it may not really be worth it. You know you gotta sleep sometime! Really though, I'm sure it will be a pleasure to read! Baby steps, baby steps!

Lindsey said...

I agree with Jana. A 3AM post is a little nuts. As crazy as it is I was very excited to read it. Can't wait for the next one.

Brent Ellsworth said...

Oh, no! Another of my children has gone over to the dark side!

Marissa Marie said...

Yay! But yeah, staying up till 3 a.m., and going running at what, 5 a.m.? When do you sleep?

Katie said...

It's about time! I'm excited to hear about all of your adventures!

ajbourne said...

welcome to the wonderful and sometimes addictive world of blogging, look forward to reading all your post and looking at cute pics