Wednesday, December 10, 2008

El Cash-O . . . Numero Uno

So I guess I have more catching up to do than I thought. Sorry. This was Cash's official first birthday party which due to strep throat we had to postpone until Nov 22. It was so much fun. Ty's parents have moved out to some wide open space and it is always fun to go out there and play. We ate yummy Sweet Pork Salad and had Aunt Shawna's famous mint oreo icecream cake for dessert. The kids had a blast. Needless to say, Cash made a haul. He deserves it I guess. Thanks everyone for your help. Unfortunately my picture taking skills are suffering because I am noticing a lot of blur, red eye, and things I wish I would've photographed but didn't. I'll do better next time.

Ty was in charge of the activities which proved to be quite entertaining. There was an equestrian course where the kids (and some adults) had to complete jumps, turns, and direction changes. Hilarious. I give the gold to Tony on that one.
This is Ty demonstrating the course to the contestants. I always wanted to marry a cowboy.

Quad riding. Lucy looks dressed to ride on the back of a carriage doesn't she?
It wouldn't be a day at the Wheeler's without some random creature being captured. Unfortunately this little guy lost his tail in the name of the children's curiousity but all his important parts are still in tact.
We also milked a cow (made from a diaper box, some wood, udders made from plastic gloves filled with water, and a balloon for a head). As you can see the head has shrunk and she is now udderless, but that is just what happens after you have kids. OH! bad dum schhhhh! (that was supposed to be the drum noise that you make after a funny joke)

And the crowd favorite, the rattlesnake stomp.
You tie a long balloon around each child's ankle (we just used curling ribbon), and the object is to run around and pop everyone's balloon without getting yours popped. Of course it was instant devastation to each child when their balloon was popped. Weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth is how I would describe it. So we played it a few times. Seriously hilarious. If you have a large group of children I highly recommend this for a good laugh.
Keane, although not the swiftest or trickiest, somehow ended up being the last one with his balloon still alive. This made the other children hot with anger and they all chased him in a furious mob. They ran fast. They stomped hard. But just as their feet would hit the pavement Keane's little stride would jerk his balloon just out of their reach. We were all in stitches. Maybe you had to be there but that is one memory that is burned in my brain and will always make me smile.

Opened presents.
Last but not least, the traditional dive in. READY--
SET--(he looks pretty focused doesn't he)GO--

I THINK HE LIKES IT!Happy Birthday Cash, we love your squinty mug!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Perfect recap. We had a blast. Thanks for waiting.

Amanda C said...

Man... I wish we wouldn't have missed the games... looks like a blast. We will have to try the rattle snake stomp sometime for sure!

Spencer and Amy said...

Happy Birthday Cash! He is so darn cute! I love the picture after he dug in :)

nikkii said...

What a blast! You and Ty are so much fun. Your kiddos are sure lucky duckies! Will you plan my next birthday? Until next year!

Gail said...

That face! I am in love with that kid...Happy B-day (belated) Cash! You are such a fun mom and tell Ty I am way impressed with his fishing skills!