Saturday, June 13, 2009

Who's Who at the Zoo

Took all the kids too the zoo this week. The weather cooled off a little and we decided to take advantage. I guess it is sad when you think the weather is cooling off when the high is 93 degrees.
The kids were awesome and thank goodness for Grandma we had a fantastic lunch and didn't lose anyone!!!
Rhino Rears--I could never get them to all look at the camera at the same time.Cooling off at the waterfall.
We are really going to miss these little blonde smileys when they move in less than 2 months!!
Cash and his trademark grin. I dunno about this kid.

Classic flamingo poseThis was just before we lost 2/3rds of them to heat exhaustion.
Little hatchlings

After this photo we couldn't get Clark out of the egg, or get him to speak or make eye contact. I think he felt like he was literally back in the womb and was ready to take a nap. He even went into the fetal position when we picked him up. After packing the kids to the parking lot (there were a few hills she had to tackle with 4 kids riding in the wagon), Grandma demanded that the kids get out and push her to the car. While all of the other Grandmas are carefully buckling their brood into the car, my mom was screaming "Faster kids, run faster!" This is why I love my mom.

THE END

6 comments:

Byron and Jana said...

Thanks again for taking my kids. They had a blast!! You are a brave woman. Great pics too! Love ya sis!!

nikkii said...

Kris, you are such a great aunite! Next time you can take my kiddos, jk! Great pictures. Your kiddos are so dang cute!

dawheelers said...

I'll totally take your kids after you give birth to a cute little girl!!! JK I know I owe you one.

Gail said...

You are brave to face the zoo in the Summer heat, even if it's not as hot as usual. Your mom is such a cute grandma, and she still fits inside the wagon! (something, I could only dream of:).
I LOVED your Chicago pic's! THat sunset was unbelievable!!! Steve and I are going in October and will need all of your tips on where to go,etc. You and Aubree can fill me in at the beach:).

Andrea said...

hey Kristen, that Chicago post was awesome! So many great pictures and your closing remark was hilarious! :)

Spencer and Amy said...

How fun! I love the picture of Cash in his sun glasses! Too cute :) And your Mom cracks me up!