Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer Summary

Contrary to what our blog has reflected, we had a completely unforgettable summer.  Now that we are over our depression (due to its end), we are finally ready to talk about it. 

Mission Beach 2009 . . . Wheeler Style!
We had been looking forward to this trip for a long time and it did not disappoint.  We went for early morning walks searching for shells, critters and even found starfish!

Ate super healthy . . .
Swam hard . . .


There may have been a serious game or two of ultimate frisbee (is that brotherly love or a take down?  Nice stride Shelby!  )
Boardwalk bike rides. . .
Fun with cousins . . .







Played in the sand . . .

Some of us love the sand more than others.
Can you just hear his thoughts?
First Pic: "Oh yeah, cookies sound good."
Second Pic: "What in the ?!?!?"
Third Pic: "ARGH!"
Fourth Pic: "Score! I found something resembling a cookie in the sand!"

 
Did I mention that I somehow talked Ty into running a half marathon with me, Nikkii and Stephen?? It was magical to say the least.  Can't you tell by this pic (that I stole from Nikkii's blog) how magical we are all feeling?  No but seriously, we had Coach riding a cruiser behind us armed with water and power gels.  Running at the beach is always the best running ever and it was so fun to be able to do it with these hoodlums.
Stay tuned to see how many of them I can talk into running a marathon with me this November!!

Cash was quickly put in charge of animal control . . .
Fun at Belmont Park . . . (which one of these two looks like a more capable driver?--scary!)
 (pic by Matt)
Just so many happy faces everywhere . . .
Okay so here are the real happy faces.  We had to attempt a family pic so Matt Blonde my bro-in-law took some really cool pics.  I love, LOVE, LOVE my in-laws.  We have so much fun together and they are truly my bestest friends.  But the main reason I love them is because they laugh at my jokes and are really good at doing dishes.  Haha.  Definitely looking forward to many more beach trips with these folks.
 
By now the kids are sorta done smiling.
 And so the sun sets on Episode One of Summer Summary.  Until next time. . .
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah what a trip! And grandpa Jerry has a mad farmers tan!! Hopefully we will be going again soon :) And did I mention you have the cutest kids EVER!!

Carol said...

ok what another fun trip you went on. holy crap i cant believe how freaking cute and big keane is getting! wow!! like shelby said - you have the cutest kids :)

ps - ditto to her farmers tan comment, i saw that and it made me giggle...also reminded me of him eating graham crackers in a cup drowning in milk!