Wednesday, November 12, 2008

California Dreamin'


So my ever so lovely Mother-in-Law turned 60 this month! We knew that we had to do something special for her. She is a very special lady. One of those overworked and under appreciated types. Ain't she a beauty?

We decided to kidnap her and take her on a girls night out she would never forget! Sis-in-law Nikkii called her at 2:30 in the morning. She said, "Hey mom, whatcha doin? You have one hour to pack for 3 days. Someone will be there to pick you up in 1 hour. Love ya! Ba bye!" So I picked up Lindsey and after we picked up Susan, we stopped off at QT, where Shelby and Nikkii were standing on the corner with their luggage and hot pink posters saying "San Diego or Bust!"

When we first caught sight of the girls Susan said "Oh, look a car wash! Actually no, they have suitcases. Hmm. They must be runaways." Of course seconds later she realized that they were her daughters! Hilarious. We stayed in a beach house in Mission Beach for 3 days. The first good laugh of the weekend. I posted a lot of pics because it was too much fun. Wicked fun. In no particular order:

We ate very, very large slices of pizza.
A fabulous birthday dinner at Mimi's, that was supposed to be at Cheesecake Factory, but due to inclement weather and angry stomachs, Mimi's was the place. I think you can tell by the photo that we are all very cold and thinking only of the cheesecake we are not about to eat.
Nothing will make you feel better than eating Ben & Jerry's late at night. You shouldn't be surprised to learn that this was my idea.

It is really hard to loosen these girls up, but somebody had to do it.

Fun in flip flops on the boardwalk. Take note of all the orbs in this photo. Just like the homeless people, they all hang out at the beach. Wouldn't you? That is Granny Lively in the upper left, and I like to think that is my own Grandma Edith right next to my face. I knew that lady like to party!
Walking up the boardwalk. A prerequisite to downing the most delicious breakfast ever at The Wavehouse. Good idea Nik!
We had a $25 limit shop-a-thon to see who could come up with the best ensemble in one hour. Honestly I thought Shelby and I rocked it but Lindsay came away number one. She has been to design school! I think that should disqualify her! No fair. But yes she looked the best.
Who needs a man? Okay, okay I do, but not to load my roof rack! Ahhhhh yeah!
Does this look like a little bit of happiness?
Thanks to all the hubbies for holding things together while we were gone. I came home to happy kids, who were all still breathing and in one piece, and the house was clean too! What a guy! I wish I could afford him as a housekeeper and nanny.
Happy Birthday Susan!
We also laid on the beach, ate granola, laughed so hard, flat-ironed our hair, missed our kids and husbands, and much much more. I asked a million times "Is this where I get off? Do I turn here?" This is what happens when you are married to Ty. You just buckle up and turn your brain off and he takes care of the rest. So being the navigator was not a role I was comfortable with. Thank goodness for Nikkii. And thank goodness that Colleen got a good nights sleep because on the way out, I had to switch drivers in Maricopa! Yes that's right. Not even one hour out of town. I hadn't slept in two days okay people! Don't judge me! Thanks Colleen!

This was just a little taste of the fun we had. Needless to say, the weekend delivered. It was the most fun six girls could have. I am so lucky to have seriously amazing chicks for in-laws. They are truly my best friends and I know that they are in my life for many important reasons. Thanks gals! Here's to many more!

PS-I'll never forget our nights on the hide-a-bed Shelb! Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about your little bed-wetting problem. That can just be our little secret!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just did tell everybody!! We are so over Kris!! =)