Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Marlee's Partee...and Halloween

We love this little one for so many reasons. Shelby and I had so much fun being pregnant with Marlee and Cash. During our pregnancies we were cleaning models homes together, right up until the end. Despite our due dates, we ended up delivering just 2 weeks apart! Aside from being buddies in heaven with Cash, we love Marlee because she is just the sweetest little thing you'll ever meet. She just had her first birthday and since she was born on Halloween, it was quite the costume birthday bash! It was so much fun and no where near what Cash's first birthday will be like!!! Poor deprived Wheeler kids. I hope that her and Cash grow up to be bestest buds. Happy (late) birthday Mars! I am sneaking our Halloween pics into this post too.
Here is the man himself--POPEYE like you have never seen him! My kids love watching Popeye, so when I suggested we do this for Halloween, they were all on board. But this little guys seriously rocked it. From his pantyhose & batting forearms, to his authentic corn pipe, he had a great time, even singing the theme song. In fact, the other day Lucy was describing a bad dream that she had where some stranger had tried to kidnap her and Keane told her that he would just eat his spinach and beat him up. Attaboy!
Here is Olive Oil herself. Lucy was such a good sport to let us spray her hair black! I just wish she would have waved her skinny arms and said "Popeye, SAVE me!" Come on Lu. She actually got first and Keane second at the party costume contest. Although the judges were Grandma and Shelby so I don't know if it was completely fair.
Here is the sheriff and the little known archnemisis of Popeye, Bluto or as Keane still calls him "Noodle". Cash's beard is all slobbered off. I love those boys. Check out the forearms on that sheriff! Can I count Ty's forearms as part of our food storage? I think if we get hungry enough we could deep fry those suckers and have enough meat for our family of five for at least a month. What a man. My man that is.
The whole crew together. I didn't get a good ensemble shot. Sorry.
This is Halloween day at Ty's office. We go in every year for the cubicle trick or treating. But seriously don't these two look alike? I swear, Cash is Mini-me of Ty. One of my friends told me after she babysat Cash that she could never do it again because the whole time she was cuddling him and feeding him his bottle, she kept thinking it was Ty and it made her uncomfortable. Ha.
These are some friends of ours (Taylor, Miken, Dade and Tayen Gardner). The pic is blurry but they looked freakishly good. That is family togetherness. Cash went right to Taylor and never cried once. Hey Cash, beware of deranged, skitzo murderers next time.

4 comments:

nikkii said...

Love this post! Keaners looks like he had a bit wee too much tobacco! I love Halloween! I didn't think you would ever be able to top "Nacho Libre", but I have to say you came pretty darn close this year!

Spencer and Amy said...

I love their costumes! They all look adorable :)

Gail said...

So much fun catching up on you lives...love the girls weekend...you are so lucky to all get along so well...and I'm so impressed with the costumes, etc. you're such a cute mom!

Jules said...

Their costumes are adorable! Your kids are so darn cute.